10. The Ravers – ‘(It’s Gonna Be A) Punk Rock Christmas’ It seems to be a common misconception that this song is by the Sex Pistols, but those dudes are actually The Ravers. And this […]
11. Gayla Peevey – ‘I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas’ It’s hard to say what makes this song so entertaining. Maybe it’s the innocent looking young girl asking for a hippo for Christmas. Or maybe […]
12. The Mono Men – ‘Christmastime is for Sinners’ This Bellingham punk group gets right to the point with our number 12 song. And what would the holiday season be without a few songs that […]
13. Holly Golightly – ‘Christmas Tree on Fire’ You just have to giggle a little at this 50s-inspired songs with lyrics like “The Christmas tree’s on fire/it’s burning down the house” and “I’m beatin’ it […]
14. Fountains of Wayne – ‘I Want an Alien for Christmas’ I mean, who wouldn’t want an alien for Christmas? Sure beats a pair of socks, right? This upbeat, quirky song was released in 1997. […]
Here at Jack, we all get a little tired of hearing the same Christmas, er sorry, holiday songs played over and over and over again. That’s how our list of crazy Christmas songs came about. […]
It’s difficult to match the uniqueness of Paul McCartney’s 1979 holiday original, “Wonderful Christmastime,” so jolly old saint Macca isn’t even trying.