Nathan Fillion is a Canadian! That fact is actually confirmed while still shocking! But I digress.
Nathan, of course, stars as Richard Castle on the ABC series Castle. But it’s his early portrayal of the lead role of Captain Malcolm Reynolds in the television series Firefly and its feature film continuation, Serenity, that have earned him a cult following.
Fillion has also voiced several video games, including Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, and Destiny, along with Halo 5: Guardians.
Here are 9 shocking–but unconfirmed–facts about the 45-year-old actor:
1. It has been said that Nathan and his co-star on Castle, Stana Katic, do not get along. At all. As in they can’t be in the same room with each other when not shooting the show. Castle fans were shocked when Katic confirmed she was leaving the ABC series after eight seasons. And now a report claims that part of the reason for her exit was her drama with her Nathan.
2. Fillion has been associated with the public artist Martin Firrell since 2009. Fillion was the ‘face’ of Complete Hero. The artist explained the choice of Fillion: “I wanted to make a piece of work that looked at all kinds of heroism, not just the usual derring-do of white square-jawed men. But I thought it would be interesting to start with a white, square-jawed man and Nathan Fillion agreed to take part.”
3. Nathan had a cameo on The Big Bang Theory, due to the fact that one of the characters, Sheldon, just loves the show Firefly. So much so that Sheldon initially included a clause in the roommate agreement dedicating Friday nights to watching the sci-fi series since he believed it would last for years to come.
4. Joss Whedon’s Internet sensation Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog features Fillion’s character Captain Hammer. Neil Patrick Harris costars.
5. One of Nathan’s early jobs: Singing Telegrams. Fillion was once sent into a bank dressed as Tarzan. (God but for a photo) Word is that Nathan does a mean Tarzan, too.
6. Fillion had a cat that lived to be 24 years old. That same cat came with a house he purchased.
7. Nathan owns his own light saber and leather kilt. Haters be damned.
8. Nathan has portrayed a gynecologist two times so far. In the film Waitress and on Desperate Housewives.
9. Nathan initially wanted to be a high school teacher. Perhaps Criminology? Or Science?