Do You Know The Warning Signs Of Huffing?

Aria Doherty, 13, was a straight A student. On Monday evening, her sister found her dead in her bedroom — by her side, a can of aerosol keyboard cleaner.

Doherty was apparently killed by an overdose of a dangerous practice called “huffing.”

As CBS2 Health Reporter Lisa Sigell explains, the term huffing is commonly used to describe inhaling toxic gases from common household products to get high.

It’s an easy but very dangerous high. There are several hundred documented deaths each year from inhalants and studies show 1 in 4 students say they have used inhalants by the eighth grade.

The rest of the story here from CBSLA.com 

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From Jack Seattle FM

Callahan Interviews
Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it
Watch Us Now, Regret It Later

Listen Live