Who’s Last? Pete Townshend Says Who’s Farewell Tour Will Be In 2015

View Comments
Rick Diamond/Getty Images

Rick Diamond/Getty Images

Three decades after their first “farewell” tour in 1982, Pete Townshend has announced that the Who will go on their final, final tour… two years from now in 2015.

Earlier this week, Townshend and singer Roger Daltrey were at a screening in England of Sensation: The Story Of The Who’s Tommy, a documentary of the making of their classic 1969 “rock opera.” According to London’s Evening Standard, Townshend said, “For the 50th anniversary,” which takes place in 2015, “We’ll tour the world. It’ll be the last big one for us. There are still plenty of places we’ve not played. It would be good to go to eastern Europe and places that haven’t heard us play all the old hits.”

While last year, the Who was in Quadrophenia mode, performing that entire double album on tour, it seems that they are back in Tommy‘s world. Besides the documentary, they will be releasing a super-deluxe version of the album on November 11, which will include demos, outtakes, and live recordings of the songs from the album.

Brian Ives, Radio.com

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 301 other followers