It looks as if Oscar organizers will be seeking out a new host to follow Seth MacFarlane next year. The “Family Guy” creator says he won’t be back. Responding to a tweet asking whether he would host the ceremony again if asked, MacFarlane said, “No way. Lotta fun to have done it though.”
Reviews were mixed for MacFarlane’s Oscar hosting debut with some critics blasting his schtick as juvenile and sexist. But despite the criticism, having MacFarlane on board seems to have helped ABC with Oscar ratings. Sunday night’s telecast drew 40-point-three million viewers, up three percent from last year with an eleven percent increase in the advertiser favorite 18-49 demographic.