Neil Young Documentary Will Get US Premiere at Slamdance Film Festival
Neil Young Journeys, the documentary which chronicled the musician’s solo gig at Toronto’s Massey Hall in May 2011, will premiere in the United States during a special screening at the 2012 Slamdance Film Festival.
The festival runs concurrently with the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah from January 20th to the 26th.
People were first given a glimpse of the concert documentary at the Toronto International Film Festival in Canada on September 12th. The Jonathan Demme directed doc covers Neil’s performance at Massey Hall, splitting old classics with newer material, as well as clips of Young sharing anecdotes while driving to the show from his hometown of Omemee, Ontario.
Journeys marks the third time Demme has worked with Young, the two prior occasions being Neil Young: Heart of Gold in 2006 and Neil Young Trunk Show in 2009.
ABC reports that Sony Pictures Classics has purchased the rights to the documentary and plans to release it in April 2012.
- Here’s the Letter a 14-Year-Old Dave Grohl Sent to Ian MacKaye
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘New and Sexy’ Daily Show Premiere Date in New Video: Watch
- Bleachers’ Jack Antonoff, Metallica’s Robert Trujillo Among Bonnaroo SuperJam 2015 Participants
- Michael Jackson Molestation Lawsuit Dropped
- Vote For Your Favorite Seattle Hamburger…