Neil Young Journeys, the documentary which chronicled the musician’s solo gig at Toronto’s Massey Hall in May 2011, will premiere in the United States during a special screening at the 2012 Slamdance Film Festival.
The festival runs concurrently with the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah from January 20th to the 26th.
People were first given a glimpse of the concert documentary at the Toronto International Film Festival in Canada on September 12th. The Jonathan Demme directed doc covers Neil’s performance at Massey Hall, splitting old classics with newer material, as well as clips of Young sharing anecdotes while driving to the show from his hometown of Omemee, Ontario.
Journeys marks the third time Demme has worked with Young, the two prior occasions being Neil Young: Heart of Gold in 2006 and Neil Young Trunk Show in 2009.
ABC reports that Sony Pictures Classics has purchased the rights to the documentary and plans to release it in April 2012.
- US Attorney’s Office and DEA Join Prince investigation
- Soul Asylum Announce Summer Tour Dates
- Prince Was Set To Meet With Addiction Specialist The Day He Died
- Watch Luke Skywalker Sing Celine Dion’s ‘All By Myself’
- Cyndi Lauper Collaborates with Willie Nelson, Vince Gill and Yodeling Jewel on ‘Detour’