PLAY IT AGAIN, DAMMIT!!
The Most Addictive Sounds
A new study by Martin Lindstrom has discovered the most ‘addictive,’ or irresistible, sounds to Americans.
Lindstrom is the author of Buyology: Truth and Lies About Why We Buy. He uses the tools of neuroscience to help businesses understand their customers – or really, how to make us buy more stuff!
Listen to Lee’s interview with Martin
More of the interview and the LIST of the most ADDICTIVE SOUNDS:
Part 2 of Lee Callahan and Martin Lindstrom
Part 3 of Lee Callahan and Martinn Lindstrom
According to the study, the top ten most addictive sounds for Americans are:
1. A baby’s giggle
2. Vibrating cell phone
3. ATM / cash register
4. “The Star Spangled Banner”
5. Sizzling steak
6. “Hail to the Chief,” our presidential theme song
7. Cigarette light and inhale
8. “Wedding March”
9. Disney’s “When You Wish Upon a Star”
10. The David Letterman theme song